Safety is our top priority
For our patients, volunteers and staff.
We are receiving Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates on a continuous basis and following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health (VDH) guidelines. WTFC is also taking extra steps to ensure everyone’s safety and health, so WTFC staff will be screening anyone entering the Clinic.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends everyday preventative actions to help minimize the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom or blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; before eating; if hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands. If you have a tissue, cover your cough or sneeze with it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
WTFC is NOT a COVID-19 testing site. If you are a Western Tidewater Free Clinic patient and have cough, fever, shortness of breath or flu-like symptoms, please DO NOT come in – call (757) 923-1060 first. If we are closed, call the Sentara COVID-19 Call center at 1-833-945-2395.
If you do not have an appointment or need general information, please call (757) 923-1060.
We understand these are uncertain times and things are changing on a daily basis. So, please continue to check our website for new information. COVID-19 updates can be found here:
The mission of Western Tidewater Free Clinic is to provide high-quality, non-emergency health care to the residents of Western Tidewater who cannot otherwise afford it. Western Tidewater Free Clinic maintains a 501(c)3 non-profit status and gifts are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.